The complete list of 25 Beachcomber Sale titles has now been revealed, after this somewhat strange “follow the clues” sale placed 5 books on sale for $6.95 each day for 5 days. The prices will stick around until August 31, and here are the SF/F titles:
- 1984: New Classic Edition By George Orwell, Narrated by Simon Prebble — Length:11 hrs and 26 mins
- Brave New World By Aldous Huxley, Narrated by Michael York — Length:8 hrs and 5 mins
- Ex-Heroes By Peter Clines, Narrated by Jay Snyder and Khristine Hvam — Series: Ex-Heroes, Book 1 — Length:8 hrs and 2 mins
- Ashes: Ashes Trilogy, Book 1 By Ilsa J. Bick, Narrated by Katherine Kellgren — Length:11 hrs and 6 mins
- Under the Never Sky By Veronica Rossi, Narrated by Bernadette Dunne Flagler — Length:9 hrs and 39 mins
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea By Jules Verne, Narrated by David Case and Frederick Davidson — Length:11 hrs and 21 mins
In Fiction, along with adventure and classics like Treasure Island and Moby-Dick and others, there’s one of my favorite short audiobooks, that being The Old Man and the Sea By Ernest Hemingway, Narrated by Donald Sutherland. At 2 hrs and 30 mins, it’s a most excellent pairing of narrator and subject.