Sam is listening to:
- Ever Felt Like a Convention Wanted to Kill You? — Dave Reviews I Am Providence
- April 27th #WhispersyncDeal roundup: Madeline Ashby, Peter Watts, Jo Walton, Robert J. Sawyer, Steven Erikson, and more
- “Twisted and Frighteningly Relatable” — James reviews The Circle
- March #WhispersyncDeal roundup: Kate Reading reading Marie Brennan, Simon Vance reading Brian Staveley and James Maxwell, and more
- What ever happened to Sam’s “Release Week” roundup posts? They’re on reddit!
- Revisiting the regional digital divide, again on
- The 33 most missing audiobooks of 2014 on
- February #WhispersyncDeal roundup: Octavia E. Butler, Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, Chuck Wendig, Rysa Walker, and more on
- August WhispersyncDeal roundup: Ken Liu, Chuck Wendig, Joyce Carol Oates, Max Brooks, and more; read by Michael Kramer, Luke Daniels, Kate Rudd, Grover Gardner, Mary Robinette Kowal, and more! on
- Release Week: Kameron Hurley’s The Mirror Empire, Steven Erikson’s Willful Child, Daryl Gregory’s Pandemonium, and Tad Williams’ Otherland on
- All Hallow's Listen
- April 1
- Casting Call
- Release Week
- Sam's Monthly Listening Report
- The Arrrdies
- The Bookburners Listen-a-Long
- The Human Division Listen-a-Long
- The Shambling Guide to NYC Listen-a-Long
- Whispersync Deals
Category Archives: photo
Received: I finally put in some fall requests a couple weeks ago, and Brilliance Audio took me pretty seriously to the tune of 5 titles. Clockwork Angels by Kevin J. Anderson, read by Neil Peart; The Mongoliad Book 2 by … Continue reading
Received: Shine Shine Shine by Lydia Netzer, read by Joshilyn Jackson for Macmillan Audio.
Currently listening to: The Drowning Girl by Caitlin R. Kiernan, read by Suzy Jackson for Neil Gaiman Presents.
Received from Blackstone Audio, late July 2012 — I think they’re really dialing in on what I’m looking for: CHIMERA by T. C. McCarthy read by John Pruden (conclusion of McCarthy’s Subterrene War trilogy, just out simultaneous with the print/e-book … Continue reading
Received: from Blackstone Audio, two MP3-CD audiobooks: HAMLET’S FATHER by Orson Scott Card, read by Stefan Rudnicki (published May 1); and A SHORT, SHARP SHOCK by Kim Stanley Robinson, read by Paul Michael Garcia (published April 1).
Received: Forthcoming from Brilliance Audio, both THE MONGOLIAD by Neal Stephenson, Greg Bear, et al. and Evan Currie’s INTO THE BLACK, both concurrent with their print publication from 47North. (Will I be listening to The Mongoliad by the time you … Continue reading
princelesscomic: It’s official ladies and gents, Princeless is an Eisner nominee! Not only that, we’re nominated in two different categories: Best Single Issue and Best Publication for Kids (8-12). Honestly, I had hoped for the best, but just getting nominated … Continue reading
neil-gaiman: Yesterday was the birthday of one of my favorite living writers. He’s someone whose words have made a huge impression on me, whose stories made me dream and want to be a writer myself. He’s Samuel R. Delany, Chip … Continue reading
tordotcom: Hear Neal Stephenson, Willem Dafoe, and More Read Etgar Keret’s Suddenly, A Knock On The Door OK. This is very, very interesting. I had no idea this was the audiobook approach for Keret’s collection. Stephenson, Chabon, Aimee Bender, Ben … Continue reading
Received: Three MP3-CD review copies from Blackstone Audio, including: EXOGENE by T. C. McCarthy, read by Bahni Turpin — to be published in CD, MP3-CD, and digital audio March 1, 2012 — sequel to last year’s excellent debut GERMLINE TO MARRY MEDUSA by Theodore Sturgeon, read by Stefan Rudnicki and … Continue reading